Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Marble story

A very inspiring and a must read article. Its the conversation between the Marble Tile and the Marble Statue about why people appreciate only the marble statue but not the marble tile though they are made from the same cave. The reply given by the statue defines the moral of the story :)

Marble  Story
There was  this museum laid with beautiful marble  tiles with a huge marble lady statue  displayed in the middle of the lobby.
Many people  came from all over the world just  to admire this beautiful marble lady statue.


One  night, the marble tiles  started talking to the  Marble lady.

Marble tile:  Marble lady, it’s just not fair, it’s  just not fair! Why does everybody from  all over the world come all the way  here just to step on me while admiring  you? Not fair!

Marble lady:  My dear friend, marble tile, Do you  still remember that we were actually from  the same cave?

Marble tile:  Yeah! That’s why I  feel it is even more unfair.  We  were born from the same cave and  yet we receive different treatment now.  Not fair!

Marble lady:  Then, do you still remember the day  when the designer tried to work on  you, but you resisted his tool?


Marble tile:  Yes, of course I remember. I hate  that guy! How could he use his tool  on me, it hurt so badly.

Marble lady: That’s  right! He couldn’t work on  you at all as you resisted being  worked on.


Marble tile:  So???

Marble lady: When  he decided to give up on you and  start working on me instead, I knew  at once that I would be something  different after his efforts. I did not  resist his tool, instead I bore all  the painful tools he used on me.


Marble tile:  Mmmmmmmmm………

Marble Lady: My friend,  there is a price to everything in  life. Since you decided to give up  half way, you can’t blame anybody  who steps on you now

The  moral of the story is:

  • The  more hard knocks you go through in  life, the more you’ll learn and  put them to use in the future.
  • Do not be discouraged by setbacks, challenges and failures.
  • No pain……no gain
  • Past is past, you can’t change it, but it is actually a blessing in disguise.
  • Past was good, present is better and the future will always be the best.

KEEP  YOURSELF FOCUSED ON  OUR HIGHEST VALUES,  YOUR GOALS, AND YOUR  ASPIRATINS IN LIFE.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing history and I like it. To see designs of tiles for toilet, tiles for home visit Krish Home Studios.

    ReplyDelete