Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Quick Cravings - Pani puries

 My craving for Pani Puries....always


Who does not like pani puri? and specially when u r in US ...its a craving to have it if u just see a pani puri recipe or read about pani puries.
It was weekend and we went to the grocery store ...saw the pani puri packet there...and I couldn't resist to take one packet. Eventhough we get pani puries here...Hyderabadi pani puri cannot beat any of them here :)

I remembered my cousin Shalu who prepared pani while I was in bangalore. It was so very delicious and tempting ofcourse ...so iI asked her how to make it and she gave me a ready made quick recipe.

Simple and easy - not much fuss about it.

 
Ingredients:
For the Pani: 
Green chillies - 4
Mint - 1 cup
Pani puri masala - 2 tbsp

For the Stuffing:
Boiled chana - 1/2 cup
Boiled potato - 1
Onion - 1
Coriander- handful
pani puri masala - 1 tsp

Method:

1. Make a paste of green chillies and mint. Add it to 4 glasses of water with required amount of black salt (or normal salt) and 2 tbsp pani puri masala.
2. for the stuffing : mix all the above mentioned ingredients, and add pinch of salt. Mix gently.

Enjoy the pani puris..!!!!



4 comments:

  1. That is true. Love these pani puris. Can munch everything in no time. Looks mouthwatering Dipika.
    Padma
    (http://padmasrecipes.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know..so very tempting :) Thanks padma...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pani puris .Looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm this is something which is hard to resist. Can have pani puris anytime. Looks tempting. And thank you very much for your encouraging words. Do try these beetroot lollipops. I'm sure both of you will love it. And let me know the outcome. You too have an interesting space here. Following you...

    Would love to see you again at Hamaree Rasoi
    Keep Blogging

    Deepa

    ReplyDelete