Monday, February 22, 2010

My first meal in US.




Nov 2/09 was the day I landed in US.It was 12:00 noon and we both were feeling hungry and we managed to eat Maggie and take rest. In the evening my husband said he would order food from a nearby restaurant for the dinner. I was totally bored of eating the food that was given in the flight. I was craving to eat rice and dal. Told my husband that I was sick of eating bread n pasta :(, he gave a big smile and said fine lets cook, will help you and we went to the grocery store to buy veggies and lentils.

Now ,here comes the tension , I suddenly realized this was the first meal I will be making for my husband and as the saying goes " The way to man's heart is through his stomach", was in my mind and wanted to give my best.

So I planned to cook Alu Methi and Moong Dal,keeping this fact in mind that these two dishes tastes yummyyy however we make...:D. Now who can stop the aroma of methi cooked with alu and moong dal with garlic flavor in it :P
So in this way my first meal scored 10/10 and I also relished dal ,chawal and sabzi. Felt I was in heaven :)

Now I realize why did i cook such tasty items on the first day itself..very difficult to maintain the score :P haha

Very memorable : My first meal in US

-deepika

6 comments:

  1. 10 on 10..for good post!.. did u make'alu+avvakai" dish.. my latst fav before u left to us..? .. u'll score another 10 there.. try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks a ton nik, Well I made the regular alu methi curry, not the achari alu dish. Thanks for reminding, will try to make it here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the first meal is the best beginning you have made and I bet you will maintain your score throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is very much interesting informative and tells us how to be happy in life.
    Very good , keep it up. Basically you have all the qualities required to know more things apart from your urge for creativity & experiments.
    I am very much happy and surprised to see the way you have created wonderful blog.
    Keep it up and be happy in life.

    Our best wishes to
    Mahesh & Deepika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dad...all because of your encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete