Monday, February 22, 2010

An experiment in making of Banana Bread !!!
















One day I was watching food channel and suddenly decided to do some experiment with baking. I was not at all aware of how the oven works, at what temperature I need to set it and basically how to operate it. I googled and saw many videos on you tube and learnt. Had few bananas at home and so I decided to make banana bread.

Saw few basic banana bread recipes online and came to know that the consistency and binding should be good enough for the bread to be moist. Since I had only the mixer grinder, so I blended all the ingredients, made few minor changes to keep the bread mix moist. And poured the mix in the bread pan that was already provided in the kitchen.
Set the temperature to 350F for 50 minutes , kept checking in between and viola my banana bread was a success. Came out so moist and was thoroughly binded. Right amount of sweet and the banana aroma tempted me to eat before the bread cools down. Resisted for few minutes and had it till my stomach said STOP..:)
So from then on, my interest in baking grew and I started to learn baking.


When baking, follow direction. When cooking, go by your own taste!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment