- In the year 2010, Shravana Masam starts from August 11 and ends on September 8th. Shravana masa is the most important month to perform Lakshmi pujas. This month is considered very auspicious and numerous festivals are held in this month.
- I will be posting rituals related to these festivals here accordingly.
Mondays of Sravana Masam is dedicated to Lord Shiva.Mangala Gowri Vrata is observed on Tuesdays in the month of Sravana by women.Fridays in Shravana sukravaram is dedicated to Goddess Lakshimi.Saturdays are dedicated to Lord Shani and Lord Balaji.The birthday of Lord Krishna is observed in the month and therefore many people consider the month highly auspicious and perform numerous functions like Grihpravesh etc.Shravan Poornima is observed as Raksha Bandhan.Below is the list of dates and festivals :10th August 2010 -Bhimana Amavasya/Divasi Gowri Link
- 11 August 2010 - Shravana Shuklaa Masa Starts
- 13th August 2010 (Friday) - Shravana Masa Shukravara Lakshmi Pooja / Nagara Chaturthi
- 14th August 2010 – Nagara Panchami
- 17th August 2010 (Tuesday) - Mangala Gowri
- 20th August 2010 : And Shravana Masa Shukravara Lakshmi Pooja / Ekadasi
- 23rd August 2010 – Rig Deva Upakarma / Raksha Bandhan / Rakhi Festival
- 24th August 2010 (Tuesday) – Mangala Gowri /Yajurveda Upakarma / Raksha Bandhan / Rakhi Festival
- 27th August 2010 (Friday )- Shravana Masa Shukravara Lakshmi Pooja
- 31st August 2010 (Tuesday) - Mangala Gowri
- 1st September 2010 – Sri Krishna Janmashtami/ Gokulashtami
- 3rd September 2010 (Friday) - Shravana Masa Shukravara Lakshmi Pooja
- 4th September 2010 - Ekadasi
- 7th September 2010 (Tuesday) - Mangala Gowri
- 8th September 2010 – Sravana Amavasya
Note: one can post slokas or any related information in the comment section , so that it will be useful for all of us to learn something new.